Saturday, November 29, 2014

No title just Complaining

Seems like the whole month of October was taken up with a painting frenzy trying to put things together for a show I was having in November.I pulled together some older paintings and added some new smaller ones. Trouble was the first week into it I got discouraged and lost all my enthusiasm so things didn't seem to come together the way I would have liked. A very large painting was abandoned. I also had problems finding matching sized canvases for a series I was trying to create. I laid them out on my bed to see which ones would get hung , which turned out to be all of the ones I put out plus a couple I dug up from storage. The only painting that sold was one of the ones I dug out. I did get some positive feedback on several of the pieces, but not enough to make me feel like it was a great show. Better luck next time, better planning...something.

No comments: