Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Charitable Projects

The pictures shown here are of two projects I completed: one in December 2013, the other one in the spring of this year, 2014. It was fun painting a skateboard for Autism Awareness. The board was already red, so I dripped and directed acrylic paint over it for the background. Next I put the outline of three puzzle pieces then painted silhouettes of skaters over them. It turned out good, and actually sold on their website for $200. The other thing I did for a fundraiser for the Rape Crisis Center was painted in acrylic on blue denim. It was not easy to paint on the fabric even after applying gesso. But it turned out a little abstract so that was okay. Not sure if it sold. I am not fond of working with acrylic paint even though I love the bright color options. Oil is preferable for me as I love to blend the colors as I work rather than on a palette. Acrylic is only used when I need something to dry fast. Living in the desert causes even oils to dry quickly.

No comments: