Friday, April 17, 2015

Inspired Landscapes



 Landscapes are not something that I do often, however some of them have sold  which leads me to believe that they are executed in such a way as to make them desirable. It also encourages me to paint more of them. The top three paintings have sold, two by way of the gallery in Boulder City, where I show some of my work and one via Facebook. The bottom one entitled "The Road to Zion" is taken from a photo I took on one of my drives up to Zion National Park in Utah.  I began the painting as a lesson in painting landscapes, so it was laid out with acrylics to demonstrate the back-middle and foreground to my students. All paintings are done in oil. Three are 11 by 14 and the top left is a 9x9 deep canvas.  The one of the mountains at Red Rock Canyon was completed several years ago and it sat around looking boring to me...I decided to add a winter sky (which is its title)  and it sold quickly. I truly appreciate living in such an inspiring part of the country  that showcases so much beauty. Of course the paintings don't do any of the awesome views justice. Painting them makes me look longer at the wonderful scenery.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They do the landscapes outstanding justice!!! How great to see them through the eyes of a skilled creative mind. And for those who might never have looked upon such beauty without the keen perspicacity of an artist like yourself, they are a true gift.