Tuesday, August 2, 2016

A NEW START

Someone told me recently the it is important to keep up with a blog. something I find hard to keep up with. Anyway, I will do my best to catch up and keep up. Starting now.
Here I am at an outdoor art show at Boulder City last fall. I don't mind participating in these events as long as it's under 100 degrees and there's some shade.
The painting of the lotus blossom was my first painting of the year (2016). The reference was taken from a photo I took of my friend's beautiful garden pond.  It's a small piece (8 by 10) done in acrylic. The painting was displayed with it's lovely matching frame at 3 galleries, so I feel it will be one of those placed into my private collection at the home gallery.
I hear the lotus is a symbol of new beginnings. Every new year is a chance for a new start, actually every day offers the same opportunity. So here I go, a new start on the blog....still have to figure out how to place the photos where I want them.


1 comment:

Jennifer McCarty said...

I have also considered starting a blog. The hardest part, I think, is going to be typing my thoughts instead of painting them. Sharing instead of internalizing. Your work is great, Jan. I miss painting with you on the patio and seeing your smiling face.