Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Chinese New Year

These were two pieces I did for Chinese New Year. The round one is for the year of the monkey 2016. Painted in acrylic on a circular piece of wood, the red monkey  sits on the moon. This piece sold at Jana's RedRoom. I had two wooden circles but only completed one.

The Dragon is painted in oils on a larger repurposed canvas. Whenever I do paint overs I apply a lot of thick paint. I really like this 16 by 20 piece. It was on display during the month of January and February..... With no takers. It really was fun to paint. I love doing patterns and using bright colors. I was able to utilize my gold paint on this painting as well.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful images... where can they be found?! The dragon would be amazing to see in person.