Sunday, August 7, 2016

Jumping Ahead to August

I have been posting work done during the last year when I didn't post anything, in order to catch up to myself. If that makes sense. So  now I am fast forwarding to August, which is now. This month I am the featured artist at the Boulder City Guild Gallery, in the Dam Hotel at Boulder City. I chose to gather all the paintings I have done of children involved different activities. I decided to call the show "Children Unplugged". I have included paintings done in oils and acrylics, plus some drawings.

Several of the kids included are my own grandchildren, as well as some of my friend's children. Some of the paintings have a story behind them. I will focus in on a few of them in my next blog post.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've seen and remember a few of these pictures of children. Your style of painting and drawing is so uniquely you and convey such immediate emotion and closeness to the subject. I know that's a hard thing to do. Incredible work and prolific!