Friday, July 25, 2014

The Green Necklace

This painting was begun at the Gold Lounge @ the Aria, several sunday nights ago. I have saved the reference, taken from a fashion magazine, for about 8 years. I held on to a vision of what the black & white picture might become and am happy to say that it brought me a lot of enjoyment to carry out. Even after it was completed I found some gold and silver oil paint for a few dabs here and there. Silver to the dress and gold to the jewelry.The background is Payne's grey, white and whatever was on the brush as I worked. I used a lot of different colors threoughout the painting, but saved green just for the jewelry, which is why it is called "The Green Necklace".

So it is an 18x24 canvas with a 2 inch black frame. This is a big deal for me as I usually paint small.   I really like it and hope it finds a special place to be displayed. And I must add, it looks better in person.

No comments: